SARGOOD ON COLLAROY
17 LUXURY SELF CONTAINED APARTMENTS FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH SPINAL INJURY
Sargood on Collaroy is a luxury resort built for people living with spinal injury. Designed from the ground up with wheelchair accessibility in mind.
The centre was officially opened on Friday 2 December 2016 by Member for Manly, Premier Mike Baird; NSW Minister for Better Regulation and Innovation, Victor Dominello; Member for Pittwater, Rob Stokes; Federal Member for Mackellar, Jason Falinski; Sargood Foundation Vice-Patron Rod Macqueen AM; and key partners and community members.
The resort is overlooking the stunning Collaroy Beach and has been designed to take every advantage of the view. The facility comprises of;
- 17 self-contained apartments
- Office and administration rooms
- Occupational therapy room
- Training room
- Communal Lounges
- Communal Dining
- Recreational Areas
- Underground parking for 16 cars
- Zero/ Flush threshold on all doorways
- Access to the wheelchair friendly beach
Each apartment is designed to cater for low / incomplete paraplegia, or central core injury through to quadriplegia the rooms feature;
- Private courtyard / balcony
- Kitchenette with cooking facilities
- Ensuite with roll-in showers with a varying range of toilet setups
- Height adjustable kitchen benchtops and vanities
- Vanity concealed hoist transfer equipment
- Sympathetic window heights, power/ data points and other built in controls
- State of the art technology with IR and RFID hands-free technology and capability to expand to voice activation control
- Capability to convert into a family suite
The centre has been equipped with the latest technology throughout providing residents individual control and communication via their mobile phone which is able to control;
- Access control
- Environmental system which controls lights, power, air conditioning and blinds
- Sound and audio visual equipment with portable sound systems
- Smart HDTV systems
The gymnasium is fully equipped with state of the art technology with ‘wheel-in’ equipment that enables easy access with smart card and smooth air technology for creating and monitoring personalised training programmes. The centre will officially open its doors to guests early next year and offer a world first resort style accommodation facility for people with spinal cord injuries and their family.
The project was a design and construct contract with the Sargood Foundation. We are very proud to have been involved in such a significant development and would like to thank all those involved in the success of the project.
Sargood on Collaroy in the media